Monday 24 November 2014

Task 2b: Reflective Writing

So far I am finding writing a journal very interesting.  I try and re-read my journal every week so that I can see what I have done and if I can change anything about it.

I have recently got a job as a temp over christmas so I am very intrigued to how my journal will change over the course of this period.

Different ways to write:

Description: What happened? where and when? main events? 
Describing what happened.  I found this style quite natural to use as I am used it however I never used to write about my feelings in my journal.  Normally I would just write about my day and what I did so adding feelings gave me another perspective. I would normally write about my day in the evening as I can then recall everything I have done but I think it may be better if I wrote about my feelings during the day before I forget them.

Initial Reflection:  How did you feel? thinking? mood? anything unusual happen? 
As an individual I am quite organised and like routine but when something goes wrong like my train is late or I forget my lunch, I feel like my day is ruined in some ways.  My feelings change from day to day but I have found that the busy I am the happy I am.  I think this is because I hate being bored so even if I have a day off with nothing to do, I always have to find something.

List:  Making a list of how you felt during the day? break throughs? glad you did?
Making lists about things I saw and what is going on my mind all day was quite challenging as I pretty much to the same thing every day. 

Evaluation:  Did it go well? what worked? Did you learn/discover/avoid anything? 
From starting a new job I feel that I have learnt so much in such a short space of time.  It is almost like to much information to deal with as we all got told everything we need to to know in one day.

Graphs, Charts and Diagrams:  Create a diagram or chart of your day.
I have drawn a graph in my journal but I am unfortunately having trouble putting it on this blog.
I decided to compare today with last week to see if there is any difference. I thought this was a good way of seeing where I spend most of my time and how I can be more productive in the future.

What If?: What could have happened? What would you love to/hate to have happened?
I know that I am a very distracted person so I always have to plan out my days in order to get everything done.  Occasionally not everything gets completed as a situation may arise that may change the course of your day.  In my mind I always imagine the day and I'm always positive but somethings just go to plan so I have to deal with it.

Another View: Write about your day from another perspective. e.g. person/object
I have found this style the most interesting as I have never thought of how my day is from another view.  One of the days in my journal I have thought of how the tills at work would feel.  I knew that I personally wouldn't like to be prodded and pushed all day long and that the till must be tired all day as it is constantly being used everyday. I then saw how the till would have seen my day, looking up and hoping that I don't break it.

No comments:

Post a Comment