Sunday 12 October 2014

Task 1b: Professional Communication Technologies

I do not know anything about Web 2.0 but after reading about it I realised that I have used the concept without knowing.  

Web 2.0 ideas are sharing with the users, therefore everyone can view the content and users can interact with each other.  I do like this idea as it gets everyone involved and share their ideas but I am not sure about it reliability.  Wikipedia for example we all know the information may or may not be true as it comes from different people and members of the public can update it too.  I do however enjoy talking to people about topics as they normally have the same interest as me and then we can all broaden on each others knowledge.

Although in Web 1.0 there is only a small chance of changing and interacting with people I think it is more reliable.  Web 1.0 is very similar to newspapers.  Newspaper are the most reliable form of news, although this may depend on the journalists/editors and the newspaper.  I believe because of Web 1.0 gets straight to the point and tells the story with no interruptions. From some searches from Web 2.0 because of the users interacting with each other they discuss other views that may not necessarily have anything to do with the topic.

Web 2.0 encourages media such as photos, music etc.  I use this idea as it makes people become part of a community and be part of the web in many different ways.  It also broadens media so that it can be viewed everywhere around the world.

Google is a quick way of finding information out.  If you want to know something, type it in google and the likelihood that someone else has asked that question is very possible.  There is probably public forums that people have answered in and given their opinion and it is your choice wether you take their advice or not.

I look forward to learning more about Web 2.0 and I hope it will be beneficial to me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment